Sunday, October 26, 2008

Couger and her cub



In Mr. Wonderful's absence, my main man Max took me out to dinner on Friday night. I had planned on going out to eat with both boys, but after chatting with the kind of friend who knows when to stop you from doing something horribly stupid, it was decided that Sam should opt out. Dodi and Aaron graciously offered to entertain the wiggly two-year old so that I could spend some quality time with my Max.

I suggested pizza, and he said he knew the perfect place..."Costco!" Considering that it was my birthday, I wanted something without cement floors. High maintenance, I know.



My date was charming, witty, very affectionate and enormously appreciative of the opportunity to be alone with me. Every date should go this well. Except, of course, that I drove and picked up the tab. Hmm, kind of like college all over again.

It's probably in bad form to take a video while on a date in a restaurant, but I couldn't resist:



Ahhh, saved by the arrival of the good ship lollipop beverage delight.



Table manners aside, it was a wonderful date.

2 comments:

Dodi said...

You forgot the ordering part. Thats my favorite.

Leah said...

awww! what a sweet little date!!

PS Super Connor wandered by as I opened this post and scared me half to death by suddenly screaming "RENNIE RIGHT DER!" in my ear, as he excitedly jumped up and down and pointed at your picture. And then "MAX RIGHT DER!" and THEN "MORE MAX RIGHT DER!"

Glad you had a nice night out with Max. and Happy Birthday. I wish I'd known!!