Tuesday, January 27, 2009

F-Bomb Right on Target

Sammy dropped his first F-bomb yesterday.

Getting out of the car, he looked down at his feet, realized that his shoes were off, and said, "Fwuk".

Like he owned the word.

"What did you just say?" I asked with a cross of astonishment and incredulousness.

And again, "FWUK!", he repeated, this time louder.

Before I could say another word, he told me straight up,
"Me say like Daddy."

Of course you do, my son, of course you do. Because apples don't fall far from targets or trees.

5 comments:

Kalli said...

Awww... your first f-bomb! Baby books should have a space dedicated to "Your Baby's First Curse-Word." :)

If I am not careful, Anders' will grace us with an under-the-breath "dammit," hissed through clenched teeth. Not that he would ever hear that from me. At least not today.

Congrats, Sammy, on your first Big Boy Word. In the future, remember, timing is key and you probably shouldn't say it again in front of your mom. ;)

Leah said...

OOOOOOOOH! Did daddy hear about that one after the kids went to bed? LOL!!

and I thought two year old Emily shouting out "holy crap!" at the dinner table was bad. *grin* Jared stomped the floor and yelled "dammit" when he was about the same age.

Dang, these kids are little sponges. It only takes once.

Leah said...

PS oh yeah, and Jared said he learned "dammit" from his teacher. ha ha ha! So I guess he must have been three already

GrampaTom said...

This grampa is just happy he got that word from daddy not Grampa Tom, who has contributed enough about language and natural acts already!
A "dear abby" type column in the paper back east last week described a similar challenge -and the mom was worried about her kindergarten child being expelled from the church run class. Now that is way too f-ing rediculous.
Grampa Tom

Aaron Skiffington said...

I'm crying right now - that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I don't know what's better, how he said it, or how quickly he sold out his daddy.