Wednesday, July 16, 2008

P is for Progress

It appears that the US Economy isn't the only thing spiraling downward.

Sammy peed in the toilet for the first time!

Yay! Show me your clapping hands, people!!!!

I know that there is a looooooong, long, road ahead on the potty-training train, with lots of uphill climbs, stomach-churning unexpected drops, and a roller coaster ride's worth of twists and turns.

But, today, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

A light that says that I might be able to leave my house unencumbered by the worry of diapers and wipes; never more to wake to the odor of rancid pee.

Spontaneity, you will be my theme song!

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel or an oncoming train?

The train that will take me to visit the land of sofas that smell like they belong in a frat house, car seats that get washed more frequently than my hair, and baskets of potty prizes in every bathroom.

All aboard the potty-training express!

Maybe I'll wait to book that trip.