Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer of Love





After a week filled with snuggles, laughs, Campari cocktails and fresh-picked raspberries, we bid a reluctant farewell to my folks today. Our visit with them was what life with multiple generations under one roof should be: lots of outdoor time, sunshine, giggles, truck literature, clam digging, and my father's homemade pizza. Tossed in with some enormous (and free), 1970's vintage bass distortion AR speakers that tweaked the male-linked undercurrents of audio electronics and man-space territorial bonding, it was a great time.

In addition to my dad's pizza, there really isn't a greater gift in life than seeing love flow from above to below and then cycle back up again. To watch my parents adore my offspring, and to hear the soft voices and sharp giggles that grandparental love elicits from Max and Sam, for me, is life's great reward.

Getting someone else to brew the first pot of Peet's coffee and start the toast "pop" rotation before my feet even hit the floor, well, that's pretty rewarding, too.

Sure gonna miss those guys.

Fair winds and following seas, Bubbi and Granpa Tom.

2 comments:

Aaron Skiffington said...

mmmm... Peet's Coffee. The IT guy at work turned me on to that stuff last winter - his kid works there, so he gets free bags and misgrinds all the time. I dig the Columbian.

Aaron

Leah said...

I'm glad you enjoyed their visit Rennie! It sounds like the boys had a blast (and sounds like the grandparents did, too!). Here's hoping their next visit is SOON!