Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random thoughts

1. Max wants an earring and not a pirate kind.

2. When we go to heaven, Max would like a white Volvo like Ellie's mom drives. How do I teach him that heaven is not a vacation destination from which we can return (or, hey, what do I know? Maybe we can???)?

3. Mr. Wonderful's grandma gave the boys a pocket poker game, because, you know, kids need to learn these skills and schools just aren't keeping the standards up. Four year olds need to learn patterns, shapes, numbers, chance, strategy and random order. I guess I should be happy it's not served with a side of second-hand smoke and Jack Daniels straight up.

4. Sam lovingly refers to our favorite toast topping, Apple Butter, as Apple Belly. He cheers for it over and over again until the pop appears on his high chair... "Apple belly, apple belly, apple belly!", building into a crescendo of giggles and lip smack. Truthfully, we're more pear shaped in our family.

5. Forget about the drama at Wrigley Field yesterday. Grandma was evacuated from her nursing home to the storm cellar due to high winds and a big storm. I want to put on my red ruby slippers, grab Glenda and Toto, and make sure she's okay. Not sure I really want to fly, though.


May 2004 - Max and Grandma

No comments: