Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Just a little off the top, please



It was time. The curls were fraying out and my little man was beginning to impersonate a small troll spinning upon the top of a pencil. The little devil wings above his ears were sprouting into horns and we made the family decision for a FIRST HAIRCUT.

Mr. Wonderful and Max have built a beautiful relationship around their trips to the barber together; replete with lollipops, trucks and a stop at the Daddy Store (aka hardware store). Although it was very hard for me to undo the apron strings and let Daddy take him for his first haircut, I decided that this was a gift that needed to be shared with Sam, too.

I only cry about the lost curls three or four times a day and keep wondering who this big boy is who showed up at our house and keeps calling me "Mommy." He's cute, though, and he seems to really like it here, so we're going to keep him. And the little bag of curls that I've taped to the refrigerator.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I'm jealous you made it this far before needing that first haircut! Connor wasn't even a year old, and although the hair was sparse on most of his head, he had a big patch right at the top that refused to be swept off to the side, and had grown right down into his eyes, so he got his bangs cut, and I insisted that they do them as whispy as possible so hopefully it would still look like baby hair... LOL We've been going about every 8weeks ever since... SIGH

Sammy looks like he's not too sure what to think in that first one? "hey, where'd all my hair go??" SO CUTE

Unknown said...

what a big boy!!! I can't believe how grown up he looks! I miss you guys!