Sunday, September 21, 2008

Champs and Grips

If you're ever looking for the right medicine to deliver to a nursing home, I highly recommend bringing something like this:


Ice cream is optional



Well, maybe not.

Sam and I took a trip back to the Midwest to visit my grandparents after getting some sad news about my grandpa's health. My brother joined us, which was very special considering that he and I shared so many memories of visiting the family farm together as kids. Now the farm has been sold, we've grown and created the cousins for our kiddos that we never had, and age is catching up with all of us

But corn is still king, my grandparents are still our biggest fans, and hey, how 'bout them Cubbies?


Sam cruised around Pinecrest Manor in style, rotating between my grandpa's ever-present silly side effects (always a hit with the toddler set), and my grandmother's fleece blankie on her lap.


We took the folks for a ride in the country, and I totally forgot to warn Sam about "The Grip", my grandma's trademark move.



I'm not sure what this yoga move is called, but I'm calling it "Showing Off At The Nursing Home". He likes to call it "Rook at me, guys"


It was a very memorable visit for all of us. No better medicine.




Ok, Cubs, let's go all the way for RW.