Monday, September 1, 2008

He's No Potato Bug AND he can make Samurai Pie

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert Heinlein
Time Enough For Love, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

This wouldn't be my list, but it sums up Mr. Wonderful -- and why I admire him so much -- perfectly . With one exception, I've known him to accomplish each of these listed above.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Wonderful.
No rush on the exception, you gallant and magnificent man.
I love you and all of your mad skills.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww... and send my Birthday love to one of my ALL-TIME favorite Virgo humans.

xoxo

Leah said...

yay comments are back on...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby,and add shed building to that list... *grin* Hope he has a great birthday