Friday, March 28, 2008

Baskets, Bunnies and Bro Bro Madness

The past seven days have been a whirlwind of activity and freakish global-warming warning weather patterns. Take for example, today's snow contrasted with last Saturday's beautiful spring-like day of Easter Egg Insanity at the park near our house.

My mom flew in for the fun and was a huge help as Sammy almost took down a toddler with a Lightning McQueen Easter basket (silly wabbit). Her laughter and hugs are always a hit with me and the kids, and the two extra arms were an amazing resource on this crazy day.


Here are the little bunnies gearing up for the big event. Sam is practicing his "Derek Zoolander on a Baby Gap shoot" pose. Gettin' all steely eyed for the competition.


Here's where we work out the strategy.


It seems to work very well for Max - he cleans up in the 0-3 age category (technically he was still legal - two days shy of moving up an age bracket).


Sam savors the goods. Notice that he cannot be bothered with an Easter basket since his trusty Lil' Mater needs to be with him at ALL times.



Sorting the bounty.




"Whah mokwhat?"


And then, right after the camera went "click", I heard a "pshhhhhhh" sound as millions of air molecules were freed from the bunny's innards.


How come no one else is wearing their ears? The ears, people. The ears!

And the night before the large rabbit arrived, we put out a plate of treats for the guest of honor.
Max suggested carrots, radishes and corn.



Sammy decided that he needed to sample a radish before heading up to bed.


"Duuuude. Why in the hell are you poisoning the Easter Bunny? That stuff is nasty."


So Max, proving that he TRULY is my son and that DNA is magical stuff, showed his little brother how to make it all better:


"Here. Just put it on and let her get a picture and then it's all better. Trust me, the Easter Basket makes all this ridiculous humiliation worth it, I promise."

2 comments:

Dodi said...

Ok, I laughed so hard I snorted at the radish thing.

Leah said...

I'm with Sam on the radishes...

The ears are adorable! I, unfortunately, completely forgot to hunt out our ears from LAST YEAR. Nor did I score any sharing-worthy pictures of the day... and SILLY ME, never ONCE thought to take a pic of all three kids together. Next Easter, will you me a little reminder call to get my act together and take better pictures? You got GREAT shots!