Monday, March 17, 2008

Top 'O the Mornin'

Elton O'John wishes you a happy St. Paddy's Day




I remember when my kids were young,
Max and Sammy had so much fun

Holding hands and hauling trash

Had a old gold excavator and a long long run

But the biggest kick I ever got

Was doing a thing called the mornin' rock

While other kids were sleepin' in their beds

We were wailin' and cryin' and putting fresh band aids on our head


Laaaa la la la laaaaaa
la la laaa laaaaaaa

Well mornin' rockin is something shocking
When your kids are almost still
I never knew me a better time and I guess I never will
Aw Lawdy Mama those Monday morns
When the kids built legos and loud loud horns
And the fresh brewed coffee was out of sight

Well the years went by and my kids did grow

My boys went and left us for a truck that tows

Memories of nights cryin' in their cribs

I'm still dreamin' of the primary years and what we did

But they'll never kill the thrills we had

Burnin' up pancakes in the mornin' rock

Learnin fast as the days flew fast

I really hope the morning laughs and snuggles last


laaaaa la la laaaa

Oh, the mornin' rock
etc.

With apologies to Bernie Taupin and Elton John






And just in case Mr. Wonderful views this and worries about my culinary hygiene...


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Leah said...

That was great Rennie! And I was just telling Dan a few hours ago I'd forgotten to make the kids green pancakes for St. Patrick's day and was "mad" at myself over it. Looks like we should have shown up at the house of Rennie this morning...