Sunday, February 3, 2008

Popsicle Baf and Halftime Madness




We watched a wee bit of the Superbowl today. Max was most intrigued by the flashlights used during the Tom Petty concert. I was mostly intrigued by how Tom Petty used a flat iron on his hair. What's up with that? Anywho, Max thought the flashlights were really cool and so he turned off all the lights and tried to find his flashlight with which to dance and rock out like all the cool cats in Phoenix. Did I mention that the lights were off while he was trying to find his flashlight? Sequential reasoning not being his strength, he managed to find the cool disco ring from his Christmas stocking and danced like a superstar. Sammy's got some mad moves, too.

Popsicle Bath
It started about two years ago from the shear desperation when I was in need of an early bedtime, as well an attempt to let Max enjoy a popsicle without a gazillion papertowels. So I shoved dessert in with bath time and "voila", the invention of the popsicle bath! The boys love, love, love this special treat and I do, too!



1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm not sure if I should bow down to you and your geniusness of the popcicle bath, or run and hide from the idea as my children would take hold and never let go and heaven forbid we run out of popcicles one night and bathtime becomes the biggest fight ever. LOL

I may just have to save that one on the back burner for desperate times...

I will say, I've wrapped bathtime and storytime into one happy event, though. I scrub little bodies, then plant myself on the toilet (lid down, thank you...) and read read read READ until the water's cold and my voice is hoarse and then it's jammies on and BEDTIME.