Monday, February 25, 2008

Run. Run like the wind....

This kid just doesn't stop. Ever.


Photo by Dodi

Our day started with laps around our house this morning. I timed Max at each lap while I enjoyed a hot cup of coffee, hoping to see if just some of his energy could be burned to the ground. (We're trying different approaches to see what can calm his excited little soul on a school day.)

Max is...Busy, yes. Fast, yes. Distractable, oh quite definitely.

He'd run and run and run and then stop and put his bike helmet on. Or he'd run and run and then bring me a worm.

"Am I so fast, Mommy?" he'd laugh as he ran by and tapped the recycling can before starting another lap.

I even tried shouting some coaching pointers, feeling a little like Bill Bowerman with stopwatch and coffee mug in hand. His run isn't exactly efficient, so I offered "Pump your arms", my breath steaming silently into the brisk morning. And what did I see? Max spreading his arms far out to his sides and flapping as if he were Icarus ready for flight. I nearly spit out my coffee at the sight of it.

And speaking of laughter...check out this video of the budding Bob Hope. Talk about Dinner Theater.

At the drive in, maybe.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I envy Max's energy!! Can he share some?

And can I just say I DO NOT HEART knock knock jokes? There was a period of time when Emily and Jared were only a hair older than Max and Sam and that's ALLLLLL THEY DID ALLLLLL DAY LONG for DAYSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I still cringe when I hear one of them say "knock knock?" Though I have to say "daddy car" was PRETTY DARN CUTE! LOL