Tuesday, June 10, 2008

From the poop deck

I know. I know. I know.

Two days in a row of poop talk is two days too many. But it goes on A LOT around here. Poop talk. Normal four year old kid stuff that occupies a great deal of conversation and is never particularly enriching to me, although I recognize it has it's purpose.

One of the things that amuses, yet confounds me, is the desire, no compulsion, to title one's poops. And not just big and small. Oh no, we get very descriptive. Often Max will go into the bathroom and come out with a full report. These are a few of the descriptions Max has given his poop that I can recall. I'm sure I've suppressed many others and I'm totally okay with that. So are you, right?

"A Redwood tree" (ouch)
"A Rainbow. 'Cause you like rainbows, Mommy."
Elephant, giraffe, hippo and zebra poopy (and really, the entire African and Asian continents' fauna, too)
"A class full of big kids. And the school bus with little kids will come after breakfast."

And tonight...
"It looks like Hawaii!" and sure enough, there was a little chain of islands floating in the water.

Mahalo, my little man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so getting a book deal some day.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to those kinds of conversations in a couple weeks!! :)