Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Letters from Home

Dear Max,

Hey Bro, whazzup? Whazzup? hahaha "Whazzup?" - get it? Isn't that funny - Whazzup?! Mommy and I do that to eachother ALL THE TIME and we laugh and laugh and laugh. Gosh, Mommy is so funny. And smart. And tall and pretty, too. I sure do love that Mommy.

Well, things are going pretty good here while you are at Grandma and Grandpa's farm with Daddy. Mom and I play together a lot, but not as much as she thought we would. First there was the cell phone disaster, and then she lost her watch, and then there's all the mess to clean up after dumping out all the places where her watch might be, but I think she's regaining her sanity. Where did we hide that thing anyway? She keeps asking and I keep laughing and saying "Park!" like I have no idea what she's talking about.

Are you having fun with the horses? Wasn't that soooo funny that Daddy didn't pack any clean clothes for you? Only he would think of dumping the dirty clothes hamper into his duffel bag and taking those instead of clean clothes. Makes sense, I guess, since you probably get pretty dirty on the farm. Bummer about no clean underwear, though.

I guess it's good that he called and asked Mommy what size underwear you would wear, you know, if anyone ever wanted to buy you some new ones. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

I wanted to tell you how nice I thought your drawing was that you made for your friend right before we went to his party.



But I really think you need to put more expression into your art. I'm a big fan of interpreting the media with my body, you know, really feeling what the art wants to tell the viewer. Kind of like what I was doing right before Mom came into the kitchen:



See, there was no hidden emotion there when she saw it. I knew just what she was feeling. All that angst and rage and it was all right there. I knew she was mad that I did that in the four minutes that she was in the bathroom while we were in a big rush to get out of the house.

And you, bro, you really have her eating right out of your hand. I gotta learn some of your lines. Like when you told her that she was the best, and she said that she wasn't feeling very good right now because she'd yelled at us, and you said, "No, you're the goodest Mommy in the whole world!" and gave her that big hug and kiss on the cheek. I think she really liked that.

Well, it's time for me to go eat more goldfish crackers and pop. You remember pop, don't you? It's the bread that goes in the toaster and "pops" up, and so I like to call it "pop." And I think I'll play with your excavators, too, since you're not around. And your orange garbage truck that you always take away from me and tell me that it's very special, just like the shovel that Grandpa Tom gave you. I was totally diggin' with that earlier today, bro. That's cool.

Okay, well have fun and say hi to Daddy for us. We love you guys and can't wait to see you!

Love,
Your brother, Whammy

2 comments:

Kaci said...

HAHA!! That was so cute!! I loved reading it...try to control my laughter since I'm at work. :)

Leah said...

When big brother is away, little brothers will PLAY!!!