Friday, June 27, 2008

Little Sammy Wonder

Capitalizing on his brother's convalescence, Sam made his first phone call yesterday. Since it's pretty hard to find quiet conversational time around here, and even harder to wrangle the phone away from Max who usually wants to dial the entire free world now that he can memorize number sequences, I thought it was a perfect time for Sam to work on phone manners. And who better to prey upon, er I mean practice with, than my parents.

Sam was beyond getsited to hold the black mantel of power, rehearsing his "Hello Bubbi, Hello TOM" over and over again as the phone rang. When the machine picked up, he looked so forlorn and confused and somewhat optimistic that this meant he could play with the phone buttons.

If there was a way to put cuteness in a can, the first thing I would submit would be the message that he left for them. Lots of enthusiastic greetings to both grandparents and their dog, and then a very emphatic "BYE!", followed by the sweetest, most incoherent "I Love You" ever uttered.

I practically had a sentimental meltdown on my parents answering machine and told my mom that she can never, ever erase that message.

Which essentially means that she will save it on her answering machine and listen to it every single day until Sam graduates from Medical School and gives his grandmother some new technology, as well as a free blood panel evaluation and some really cool pens from the pharmaceutical reps.

2 comments:

Leah said...

sounds completely adorable. I can't wait until I can sick Connor on people via phone. For now, that's Em's thing (Jared isn't much for taking the time out of his ever so important day...LOL)

Anonymous said...

YOU are hilarious. Great post.
It made my day. Well, Laughing Leah's babies in tuxedos made my day first, but then, we are related. Have a great day.
You have style and I like it!!!